New Life Part 4

Jeremiah 21: 11 says, For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Let me ask you this as you think about the plans that you might have for this coming year or for you life in general. Do any of the plans that you have come with a guarantee to prosper you? Do any of your hopes or your dreams or your plans for your life come with the promise that they will give you a hope and future. I don't know about you but the plans that I make for myself don't come with such guarantees. My plans often fail. My plans usually don't work out perfectly. My plans sometimes succeed but always leave me wanting more. There is only one plan that I can follow that comes with that kind of guarantee. That is God's plan for my life.

God has a plan for each of and he says, it is a plan that will prosper us and give us a hope and a future. The tricky part is that God is not going to force his plan on us. We can choose to live his plans or ours. He will allow us to live our plans as reckless and as crazy and as empty as they might be because he loves us and wont force us to do something we don't want to do. We have to want to live his plan for our life and seek his guidance for our lives. We have to give up the controls of our life to him so that it is no longer I that life but Christ that lives through me. Then we can live his plan and not our own.

The choice is ours. We can live our lives by our plans with no guarantees or we can choice to live a new life by giving up our plans and accepting the only plans for our life that come with a guarantee to prosper us and give us a hope and a future. Seems like a "no brainer" doesn't it.

Love today.

In Christ love and mine,
Doug

Comments

Popular Posts