I'm Back

I took a little time off after Easter from my daily posts. I felt like I needed to spend some devotional time with just me and God. Not that I mind sharing my personal devotions with whoever wants to read them on the world wide web, but I needed to just take a break from posting for a while and just be me and God. I hope you all understand. I did miss it.

Inspiration. I think that deep down inside each of us is a little voice that if we are quite enough and still enough we can hear crying out. That voice is saying"inspire me." We all want to be inspired. We want to be filled with a passion to do something bigger than ourselves. We want to be motivated to something that would seem impossible or to reach for something that seems unreachable.

This is why we seek out entertainment and why we read books and blogs. We all hope to catch some inspiration that changes us, moves us, motivates us, and compels us to experience life and and to live it abundantly. We want to be inspired. "Preacher give me a good word." "Coach tell me something powerful." Teacher blow my mind with something I don't know." "Inspire me."

The word inspire comes from the root word "in spirit." What we long for is to be filled with the Holy Spirit. We cry out to be filled with the Spirit in such a way that we are moved and motivated to do something that seems impossible on our own. We long to be filled with the power of the Holy Spirit to compel us and change us. We can cry out to people for this but they can not really inspire us because what we need can only come from the Spirit. It can only come from God. Only God can truly inspire us. The good news is that this is exactly what God does. He says he will put his Spirit in us. He promise to give us His Spirit to comfort us, lead us, fill us, change us, and inspire us. Cry out to God. Say, "God Inspire Me."

Love today.

In Christ's love and mine,
Doug


Comments

Popular Posts