Love is not easy but it is Good

I have started running again.  I am training for a race the weekend after Easter.  It is always good for me to get more disciplined in my live.  My spirit as well as my physical body need to be in training.  Lent is a season to enter into deep spiritual training and it seems that the body and the spirit go hand and hand.  My running is Sabbath for me.  I have written about this before.  It is a time for me to be in God's presence to get off of me and my stuff and into God and his stuff.  When I run, I listen to Christian music and it helps me to reflect on who God is.  The other day I heard a song for the first time although I had heard it many times.  This time I listened to the words.  Isn't it funny how we can do that in life?  We can see something or hear something but not notice.
I was just taken by the lyrics of this song as it talked about how love is hard and how love might cost us everything and may hurt but it is good.

Love is not safe.
Love takes risks.
Love steps out.
Love digs in.
Love will take our time.
Love will break us.

Somehow we get this notion that following Jesus will make it all easy.  But it is just not true.  The truth is that it is good.  That he is good.  The truth is that it is worth it.  The truth is that he is enough.  The truth is that he will sustain us.  The truth is that he will provide for us.  The truth is that he will catch us when we fall.   The truth is that he will quite the storms or he will quite us.  The truth is that love cost him everything and it will cost us.  The truth is that he will never leave us or forsake us.  The truth is that he is love.  The truth is that there is nothing that can separate us from his great love that is in Christ Jesus.  The truth is that he works in all situations for the good of those who love him and are called according to his purpose.  Loves not easy but it's good.  

In Christ's love and mine,
Doug

Comments

Popular Posts