Ash Wednesday

Today is the beginning of Lent. It is Ash Wednesday. Lent is a time for us to focus. It is a time to concentrate on our relationship with God. It is a time to be intentional about working on and growing the most important and life changing relationship we can have.

Throughout Lent we might be encouraged to fast from something or take on new things but whatever we do it should be done to help us grow in our relationship with Christ. That is what this time is about. Me and God. You and God. Do we have the relationship with God that we desire? It is time to focus in that relationship.

Ash Wednesday calls us to understand and recognize that we need God. We can't live without God. Our lives our empty without him. I need Jesus. He doesn't need me I need him. He wants us. He desires a relationship with us but he doesn't need us. He loves us We need Him. Lent is a time to focus on loving him. Lent is about moving from need - to want - t0 desire of Christ.

Today, I recognize that I need Jesus. I need him to save me. I need him to lead me. I need him to live now and forever.

Have a blessed Ash Wednesday!

Love today.

In Christ's love and mine,
Doug

Comments

Anonymous said…
"I need him to save me."

I think that's as far as I'm going to go.

Thanks, Pastor.
Doug Franklin said…
Trusting God for our salvation but not trusting him with our life is a dangerous place for me to go. I think we can fool ourselves into thinking we are ok and "right with God" because we say we need Jesus to save us from our sin. But Belief in Jesus is lived not just pronounced. We have to live a new life with Jesus as Lord of our lives.

"It is no longer I that Live but Christ that lives in me." Paul says. Are we really "saved" from our sin if we never walk away from our old way of living and live in Christ?
I refuse to play Church there is too much at stake.

I am not saying that this is what theoldadam,is saying, but it could be heard this way, you made me think about this and thought I would share.

In Christ's love and mine,
Doug

Popular Posts