Veterans Day

As I drove into town today I saw a lot of flags.  They decorated the court house.  They lined the drive at the school where they were serving a breakfast for veterans.   They decorated different businesses throughout the town. I listened on the radio as people called in to honor and thank people for their service to our country.

Today is more than a holiday.  It is more than just a day to close offices and take time off.  It is more than a day to decorate and feel patriotic.  Today is ultimately about showing gratitude towards those who serve and have served.  It is a day to pray and thank God for men and women who have served us by serving our country.  It is a time to pray and ask God to protect our service men and women who are serving right now as we read this.  It is a day to recognize and honor that we need to have a heart and care for one another.  That is what makes us great.  It reminds us that there is something noble and honorable about laying down our lives for each other.  Today is a reminder that we are greater when we care for each.

Today I thank God for all of the men and women who serve and have served in our military.   I pray that God would provide for and protect all of our veterans everywhere.  I pray that we all might learn from ore veterans valuable lessons that will make us better people of God.

If you are a veteran, I want you to know that I a grateful for your service.  I am praying and thanking God for you today and always.

Love today.

In Christ's love and mine,
Doug

Comments

Popular Posts