Been Away

As you can tell by the dates of my posts there has been some time pass between posts.  I have had a lot going on and time for the blog has been difficult to find.  However, I still see this as an important discipline for me.  I need to journal my thoughts and prayers.  I need to take time daily to reflect on how I am living in and living out my relationship with Christ.

Now, It is important to say that just because I have not been "blogging" it does not mean that somehow my relationship with God has been suffering.  It does not mean that I have started playing church and not intentionally focusing on being real about my relationship with God.  This has not been the case.  In fact, I feel that God has really been with me and working in and through  me as I have been away.

I have been away from wherever this is but God has always been with me.  He has not been away.  That is not why time has passed between posts.  God does not go away.  I have that promise in the scriptures.  He is faithful and will never leave us or forsake us.

God has been nurturing and comforting me through the loss of my stepmother Maryle.  This has been a great loss and I continue feel God's presence with me in this time of grief.  Death cannot separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus. I know this as a deep truth not just a memorized scripture verse.  I am so grateful for a God who cares about us enough that he transforms death into life and turns our mourning into dancing.

I think that the time is right for me to come back and try to start making this a regular post discipline again.  I am still incredibly busy but I hope to make time to ramble on here more days than I don't.  

Love today.

In Christ's love and mine,
Doug

Comments

Popular Posts