An Invitation

Tomorrow I will start a journey.  It is a journey that consist of reading a Psalm a day for 150 days.  However, I do not intend for this to be a bible reading plan or for it to just be something that I can look back on and say, "I accomplished this."  I am not just trying to get all the way through the Psalms.  This is a journey.  A spiritual discipline to connect to God and have his word get through me.   I intend to read and meditate and to pray through each Psalm and listen for God to speak to me.  I intend to have has word convict me, shape me, comfort me and turn my world upside down.  I am seeking God not education.  I am seeking God not an accomplishment.  I am seeking God not a Psalm.

I want to invite you to join me on this journey.  I am devoting my blog space for the next 150 days to the Psalms.  If you want to join me on this journey you are welcome to come each day and read my reflections on the journey.  I ask you to read a Psalm and seek each day with me and share your thoughts, on the Psalms not on me, in the comments.   If this is not what you are looking for I invite you to check back after the 150 days are over and see where the journey has taken me.   I hope that many of you will take the journey because I believe that God will do a mighty work in our lives, shaping our character and growing our relationship with him,  through this discipline if we make it about seeking Him.  

Love today.

In Christ's love and mine,
Doug

Comments

Popular Posts