Try it! You will like it.

"Taste and see that the Lord is good;
    blessed is the one who takes refuge in him."
Psalm 34:8

I remember as a kid, and with my own children, how when trying something new it would often take some encouragement.  Whether it was a new food or a new practice my parents would encourage me to give it a try.  You can't say you don't like it or that it does not work until you try it.  Give it a shot. Try it!  Taste it!  You don't know until you try.

I am encouraging my church family to try arranging their lives around six practices that we see the people in the early church doing every day.  I am encouraging them and anyone else reading this blog to try and spend time each day reading God's word and reflecting upon it so that it shapes the way that the live their lives.  To devote each day to intentional spiritual growth through encountering God in His word, Spirit-empowered prayer. life-changing worship, Christ-centered fellowship, risk-taking missions and service, and radical hospitality and faith sharing.

They say that it takes 21 days to make a habit and I want to encourage to try for 21 days arranging your life around these practices that will help you connect to God and grow in relationship with Him. Create a habit of scripture reading, prayer, worship, service and faith sharing.  Try it! You will like it.

I would love for you to share your experience with me through this blog.  Let me know how it is going and what God is revealing to you.  Let's grow together.

Taste and see that the Lord is good!

Love today.

In Christ's love and mine,
Doug

Comments

Popular Posts