1 Corinthians 13:4-6

There was an old Saturday Night Live skit that had a family that all that they did was complain and moan about everything. They were the "Whiner family." The skits where just short skits of the family complaining about other people and about whatever situation that they were in and these short skits illustrated just how hard it was to be around people like this for even a short period of time. They whined and complained about everything. The comedy was that we all could identify with people like Doug and Wendy Whiner. We know people like this who are constant complainers. We know how miserable it is to be around people who are constantly wining that things are not just the way that they want them to be.

It stops being funny when it drags out for too long. A short skit can make us laugh but when we are around people like this all the time it drains the joy and life out of us. It stops being funny when we recognize that we have a striking resemblance to the Whiner family. It stops being funny when we see that we are the complainer and whiner in the room. I am sorry to say it but there are times that I find myself complaining and I cringe because I don't think God wants me to complain and whine. I really have no reason to whine and complain and I don't like the way that I feel when I get that way. It is time wasted and it is unproductive. It is time that I am unloving. Love does not complain about others or pick at others. Love does not whine.

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."

Maybe you want to read that again. Love is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no records of wrong. If we stop thinking about what is in it for us. I think we complain less. If we are slow to anger. I think we will whine less. If we stop keeping record of wrongs than I think we will see there there is no place for complaining and whining.

Are you keeping a record that is causing you to be angry and bitter? Are you only thinking of yourself and not thinking about others? Are you spending your days complaining about others and what you don't like that is going on or are you spending them loving?

I thank God that he is a forgiving God and that he is a God of transformation. He transforms us whiners into children of God with a heart like his.

Try not to whine today it will not get you anywhere.

Love today.

In Christ's love and mine,
Doug


Comments

Popular Posts