Does my cup overflow?

This month I have been reflecting on how my life expresses my gratitude for God. I have been thinking about my life as a cup and how full is it in regards to grace, gratitude and generosity. The 23rd Psalm says, "thou anoints my head with oil, my cup runnith over." Is my life running over with grace, gratitude and generosity? That is the question.

How full is your cup?

Grace, gratitude, and generosity are the fruits of living in relationship with Christ. God desires to fill our lives with grace, gratitude and generosity until they overflow from us. The truth is, that as I reflect on my life, these things do not overflow very often. At times my cup seems to be empty. The good news is that God wants to fill us up. We need to turn to God with our empty cups and asked to be filled to overflowing. We need to ask to have our hearts changed to be more like his. We need to ask to see others as he sees them. We need to focus on the good and the pure.

I want my life to overflow with grace, gratitude and generosity. I want others to experience grace when they have an encounter with me. I want my family, my wife and my children to know what grace is because they experience it through me. I want to be grateful in all situations. I want to be as generous in my giving as God is in his.

I want my cup to overflow. How about you?

Love today.

In Christ's love and mine,
Doug

Comments

Popular Posts