I Voted

I got a little sticker today. It says, "I Voted." I read in the paper as I was getting my morning diet DP that it is the coolest sticker that someone could wear today. I must admit I do not feel any cooler with this sticker on my shirt. But, I did vote and that is important.. I have never felt compelled to tell people how they should vote and have always been a little uneasy about preachers and churches that do. However, I do think that followers of Jesus should vote and we should vote as followers of Jesus. We should not abandon our faith and separate it from our civic responsibility. We should not vote a certain way because we have been told "that is how Christians vote." We should allow our faith to inform our decisions. We should prayerfully consider issues and allow God to be our compass for deciding what direction to go.

Go get yourself a sticker today.

Love today.

In Christ's love and mine,
Doug

Comments

Popular Posts