School is always in session

Life is a lesson. What you are going through, the relationships that we are in and the situations we find ourselves in are all things that God is working in to help us to learn and to grow to be more like Him. We need to look at life like it is our training ground. It is school.

The secret first is to recognize that school is always in session. God is working all the time. God is working in all things. (Romans 8;28) When we recognize that then we need to be on the look out for the lesson. We need to be seeking where God is and what God would have us learn.

Whatever we are going through we need to look for God and what he is teaching us. Too often, when we get into situations that are frustrating or difficult we ask God to teach somebody else a lesson so that it might be easier but, we need to look for what we can learn from it. What can we learn about ourselves and about God. Maybe, God is teaching us something about patience or trust. Maybe, God can use the situation to teach us about some ugliness that we have within us, or sin, that is keeping us from being the people that he is calling us to be. Maybe, God is teaching us to love.

This is not just true in situations that are frustrating or difficult. God is also teaching in the good stuff. He uses trial and temptations to teach us but there are lesson that we need to look for in good times as well. When everything is going we still need to look for what we can learn in the situation about God and about ourselves.

I am grateful for a God that never gives up on me. I am grateful that he continues to teach me and use the things of everyday life to help me to have a heart, mind and character like His. I am grateful that he is at work in all things for good. I am grateful that God uses my children, my wife, my friends and family, people that I work with and the things that I do everyday to speak to me about who he is and how I can grow to be more like Him.

School is in session.

Love today.

In Christ's love and mine,
Doug

Comments

Popular Posts