Satisfaction

Do you ever feel like the old Rolling Stones song "Satisfaction"? The song says, "I can't get no satisfaction."

We all have a desire to be satisfied. We search out satisfaction through money, food, relationships, entertainment, jobs, hobbies, exercise, and all kinds of things that are both good for us and bad for us. We have a need to be satisfied and we try different things to satisfy the feeling of being unsatisfied. No matter what we try we are left singing with Mick Jagger, "I can't get no satisfaction." This is because there is really only one thing that can truly satisfy us. The things of this world may give us temporary relief, temporary happiness, temporary highs but, they will never totally satisfy us. The emptiness that each of us have can only be filled by God. There is nothing in all of creation that can satisfy us completely, the stuff will always leave us unsatisfied. Satisfaction comes from the Creator of everything.

Psalm 17:15
"As for me, I will be vindicated and will see your face;
when I awake, I will be satisfied with seeing your likeness."

There is truly only one thing that can satisfy us forever and always. All other things leave us wanting more. They leave us empty. WE will continue to sing over and over, "I can't get no satisfaction. But, I try. But, I try. I can't get no satisfaction."

The emptiness that you feel can only be filled by God. You and I will be satisfied, fully and completely by Christ. Seek him with all our heart, mind, soul, and strength.

Love today.

In Christ's love and mine,
Doug

Comments

Popular Posts