In the path of the storm

Today Lord, I am standing in the gap for all of the people who are in the path of the storm. I woke this morning with a burden on my heart to just pray for those people in the Bahamas and the people on the east coast of the United States. I pray that you would protect them from the storm. I know that you are a God that cares for them and loves them and you stand with them in this storm. Just, as you stood with the boys in the fiery furnace I know that you are present with them in this storms. I lift them all to you and pray that they would be aware in a real way of your presence with them.
You know Lord, that there are also others in our world that are in the path of storms. The storms that they face may not be tropical, or weather related, but they are storms none the less. They are devastating and they are raging. I stand in the gap and pray for all everywhere who feel they are in a storm of life. Be with each of them and hold them in the palm of your hands. Raise up you followers everywhere to step in and stand with people in storms to be a tangible sign of your love and presence with people in the storms of life. I thank you that you are the God who loves and cares for your people. I thank you for being the God who speaks to the storms of life and says "Peace, be still!" I thank you for the calm that comes form knowing that you are a God who is with us always and leads us through the storms of life. I thank you for not staying far off but entering into the stuff of our lives. I thank you for the calm that we can have even in the path of a storm because we know you love us and are with us. I thank you that we can call upon you and you hear our cries. I pray all of this in the power of the Holy Spirit, in the name of Jesus Christ my Lord, Amen.

Love today.

In Christ love and mine,
Doug

Comments

Popular Posts