Faith

"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." Hebrews 11:1

It may be in those moments that God seems most distant and far off that we are given the opportunity to be faithful followers of Jesus. It may be that it is not in the moments that we are at church, or reading our bible, our praying, or worshiping God that we are most faithful, it is in the moments when we are not able to see God when God seems distant and far off and we say I am going to trust that what I hope for is sure. I am sure that God is with me. I am sure that God is working. This is what faith is. "I am sure and certain even though I do not see God that God is here and working in my life and in this situation." That is the moment that we exercise our faith.

Jesus said it is easy to love when the people are lovable. I want you to love the ones that are hard to love and wont love you in return. Anyone can love the ones that love them back. But, my love, real love, loves when love can't be seen. Following Jesus begins in the moments that we cant see what lies ahead and we grab a hold of the certainty that Jesus is guiding us and is with us. Faith begins when we are sure and certain about Christ and his love in the midst of uncertainty. Faith happens when we trust in that which we can not see and live knowing it is certain and sure. God is with you right now. I am sure of that. It is not based on feeling or seeing it is based upon the promise that God will never leave us. God is at work right now. I know this not because of feeling or seeing but because he has said he always is working for good for those that love him and are called according to his purposes. I am sure and certain of this. How about you? Faith.

Love today.

In Christ's love and mine,
Doug


Comments

Popular Posts