God's Family

I took a friend from church to the hospital to have an eye surgery this morning. As he was being taken back to surgery I heard the nurse ask him about me. She asked, "is he family." I did not hear my friends answer but I hoped that he had said yes. It is funny when I take him places many people ask if I am his son he usually smiles and says no he is my pastor.

This morning when I heard her ask the question I just felt that the answer should be, "yes, he's my pastor." The promise of God is that when we become his child we become part of God's family. We are blessed with brothers and sister in Christ. We have family members everywhere, we are related to each other because God has adopted us into the family.
"Yes, we are related he is my brother."
"Yes, we are related she is my sister."
"Yes, we are related we go to church together."
"Yes, we are related we have the same Father."
"Yes, we are related the Spirit that lives in me lives in them."
"Yes, we are related we are children of God."

"I tell you the truth," Jesus replied, "no one who has left home or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or fields for me and the gospel will fail to receive a hundred times as much in this present age (homes, brothers, sisters, mothers, children and fields—and with them, persecutions) and in the age to come, eternal life. But many who are first will be last, and the last first."
Mark 10:29-31

You and I have family everywhere it is time to start saying "yes, we are related." It is time to start living, caring, and loving one another like the family that we are.

Look out for your family. Do what you cant to bring and keep the family together.

Love today.

In Christ's love and mine,
Doug

Comments

Popular Posts