Thank God it's Tuesday

This year I have not been having my traditional TGIF post's where each Friday I right about what I am thankful for. I did not intentionally stop doing these post this year it just seems that I have posted and then realized it was Friday when my post where finished.

I wish that I would have had a better reason but "I forgot it was Friday" is really what has happened. It seems that most weeks I have been to involved in what was going on to notice that as I was reflecting on God that it was Friday. There are a couple of things that my own slip up has made me think about. They are not profound, in fact, they are simple. But, important none the less to remind myself of from time to time.

1) Everyday is a day to be thankful to God. Tuesdays are days of thanksgiving just like Friday (and Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday). Each day is a day the Lord has made for me to rejoice and be glad. Today I am thankful for God's subtle reminders of the simple things that we can too easily forget or let slip away.

2)Although life gets busy, it is never too busy not to pray and give thanks. The busier we get the more we need to take time to give thanks and focus on God. I may not go back to the tradition of Thanksgiving posts on Friday but I cannot stop thanking God.

What are you thankful for today? Stop and give God thanks. Thank God it's Tuesday!

Love today.

In Christ's love and mine,
Doug

Comments

Popular Posts