Thank God it's Friday!

This week I can't help but give God thanks for the rescue of the 33 miners in Chile. I, like many of you, watched as one miner after another was lifted from the darkness into the light. I had tears each time they were reunited with their loved ones. I watched and was grateful, thankful and in awe of what can happen when the world comes together to work for a common purpose of good. I know that the days ahead will be difficult for the men who went through this experience. I continue to pray for them and their families and I know that the God who was with them and sustained and protected them throughout their time buried underground is with them in the light of day. He is with us all. He is with us in the darkness calling us into the light. He is with us through our difficulties and he is there to rescue us and to bring us into His light. He is with us on the mountaintops and he is with us in the valleys. He never leaves us or forsakes us.

God is good all the time and all the time God is good. Thank you God for desiring that none of us should be trapped in darkness and for rescuing us, through Christ death on a cross, so that we could walk in the light.

Love today.

In Christ's love and mine,
Doug

Comments

S. D. Ward said…
Great Word brother. I would love to have you blogging under RuinedfortheOrdinary.com. You are one who is truly, ruined for the ordinary!
Ely Biado said…
God wants all men to be saved.

1 Tim 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

The miners are saved, because God want it to be that they would see the light. But God said;

Prov 1:24 Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded;

Prov 1:25 But ye have set at naught all my counsel, and rejected my reproof:

Prov 1:26 I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh;

Prov 1:27 When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you.

Prov 1:28 Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me:

Prov 1:29 For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the LORD:

Prov 1:33 But whoever hearkeneth to me shall dwell in safety, and shall be quiet from fear of evil.

Popular Posts