Cup Overflowed

I think it was the song writer & sausage mogul Jimmy Dean who said it best, "I am drinking from my saucer cause my up overflowed."

I am a saucer drinker.
Oh, sometimes I forget that. Sometimes I get focused on the wrong things. Sometimes I get to thinking, "poor little old me." But the truth is if I just will stop and look I will see that "I am drinking from my saucer because my cup is overflowed."

I have so much to be thankful for. I am blessed. I am too blessed to stress. God provides me with everything that I need. He gives me way more than I deserve. My cup is so full of things for me to be thankful for that it overflows.

I am a saucer drinker. I thank my God for that because he is the one who fills my cup to over flowing.

Love today.

In Christ's love and mine,
Doug

DRINKING FROM MY SAUCER aka MY CUP RUNNETH OVER; DRINK FROM THE SAUCER
Jimmy Dean

never made a fortune and it's probably too late now
But I don't worry about that much, I'm happy anyhow
And as I go along life's journey, I'm reaping better than I sowed
I'm drinking from my saucer, cause my cup has overflowed.

I ain't got a lot of riches, and sometimes the goings tough
but I've got kids who love me and that makes me rich enough
I just thank God for his blessings and the mercies he's bestowed.
I'm drinking from my saucer, cause my cup has overflowed.

I remember times when things went wrong, and my faith got a little thin
but then all at once the dark clouds broke, and the sun peeked through again
so Lord help me not to gripe about the tough rows I hoed
I'm drinking from my saucer, cause my cup has overflowed.

And if God gives me strength and courage, when the way grows steep and rough
I'll not ask for another blessing, I'm already blessed enough
And may I never be too busy to help another bear his load
I'll keep drinking from my saucer, cause my cup has overflowed.

Comments

SplitEndz said…
Inspired by you today. Thank you for the truth and light in your text. My cup is full of so many things too...thank you for not letting me forget that!
Jessica Rice

Popular Posts