God Morning

"God Morning"

This is not a typo. I did not mean to right good morning and forget an "o". I meant to say "God morning.

As I woke this morning I wanted more than anything for today to be a God day. I woke with what seemed to be an invitation from within my soul inviting me to have a God day. A day that I seek to be aware of God working all around and me and allow him to work in and through me. An invitation to live today for God and for no one else but God. An invitation to live by God's will and not by my will. An invitation to seek first God's kingdom and righteousness. An invitation to lay down my life for him.

This invitation is whispered by that still small voice every morning to each and every one of us. Too often we settle for just having and hoping for good mornings or good days rather than reaching and striving to have the day that God desires for us and that is truly good. My prayer for me and for you is that we will have a God Day! A day where we encounter and live in the presence and power of the living God. A day where we die to ourselves and live for God.

Love today.

In Christ's love and mine,
Doug

Comments

Rachel Palm said…
Thanks for sharing this. So often I find myself discouraged at work because everyone "hates" everything. It was good to be reminded that I can still love today because God made it and He wants me to live today for him.

Popular Posts