I think I am back

If you are a regular follower of my ramblings you have probably noticed that I have spent some time off from writing since Easter. This has been a season for me that I just felt that I needed to step back from daily posting and be recreated in other ways.

I have always felt that this blog was about me being intentional about my own personal relationship with God and about me continuing to do daily disciplines to connect deeper with God and think about what it means for me to follow Jesus and not play church. It is a blessing that people also receive some inspiration and may grow deeper in their own relationships with God through reading my (often times grammatically incorrect) writings. I have taken time away to make sure that I still am using this for the purpose that God has for me to use it. I do love the way that it connects me to others and that others do read it, but for me, it is important that I always stay true to using this forum to help me stay intentional about being real about my relationship with God. I am humbled to know that people have missed it while I have taken this break and I am grateful for anyway that God might work through me to connect others to Him.

I intend to be back writing on a regular basis for as long as this continues to be a means for me to practice spiritual disciplines in my everyday life.

It is important that from time to time we evaluate and re-evaluate our spiritual life to make sure that we have not moved from living in relationship with God to playing church. Have the things that we do just become empty ritual or are they still connecting us to God? Do we need a fresh start? Are we doing things out of habit or obligation or are we doing them as followers of Jesus? Are we growing? Is Christ bearing fruit in our lives? Are we going through the motions? Who are we lifting up? Who is being honored and praised by our practices? Am I being real about my love of God? Am I being real about myself? Am I being real about my love of others?

Take time to evaluate your relationship with God and what you are doing to invest your time and energy--- your life in that relationship.

Love today.

In Christ's love and mine,
Doug

Comments

Popular Posts