Lenten Reflection #36:We Need Each Other

A few days ago I was reflecting upon how I am truly dependent upon God.  I need Him.  I am dependent.

I am also dependent on others.  We all need each other.  We need each other to get through this journey of life.  We are not meant to be alone. When we are created we are created for community and relationships. God is a relational God and he works in and through our relationships to help us to grow in relationship with him and one another.  He declares in the creation story only once that things are "not good" and this is when man is alone.  After each thing is created we get the refrain "and he saw it was good" yet it is "not good for man to be alone."

In contrast, when he creates a companion for Adam he declares for the first time, "it is very good."

We need each other for many reasons.  We need others to pray with and for us.  We need each other to help carry burdens.  We need each other to inspire and encourage us to do good works.  We need one another to stay disciplined and focused on our relationship with God.  Ultimately, we need each other to live out our relationship with God.  We express our love for God through our love for one another.  We can't love God without loving our brothers and sister who we see everyday.

We can't do this Christian life and follow Jesus in isolation.  We need each other.  I need my wife.  I need my children.  I need my friends, neighbors, co-workers and strangers to live in relationship with Christ.

You inspire me.  You encourage me. You are Jesus with skin on to me.  I need you.  We need each other.

Love Today.

I Christ's love and mine,
Doug

<br />

Comments

Popular Posts