Love Them Like Jesus

Thirteen years ago today Nicole and I were married. As we celebrated our anniversary today and I spent time with the kids I could not help but think about how too often it is the ones closest to us that get us at our worst. I am sorry for this.

I think that the place for us to begin to love like Jesus loves is right at home. We need to love our kids, our spouses, our moms, our dads, our family like Jesus has loved us. Began at home. Home is a mission field. Home is the place that we need to offer forgiveness, show grace, love unconditionally, and serve. Home, with our family and those closest to us, is not where I should be at my worst, it is the place that I should begin to be my best.

How can you love your family and those closest to you like Jesus? Live out your faith and your relationship with Jesus in a real way with those you are with everyday. Love them like Jesus.

Love today.

In Christ's love and mine,
Doug

Comments

Popular Posts