Running With God

I may be crazy but I have excepted a challenge to participate in the Pirates Plunder 50/50 Biathlon. That is a fancy way if saying that I am trying to go 50 miles on foot and 50 miles on a piece of exercise equipment in the next two weeks at the local fitness center. The college in Trenton's mascot is the Pirates (that explains the "Pirates Plunder"). This means I am trying to do 100 miles of exercise in 14 days. I have started running 5 miles each morning. I have learned to really love running. What I like about it is that I don't have to think about running. My body kind of goes on auto pilot and if I can keep from telling my self to stop running than my body just keeps running. It is kind of a mind over matter thing.

My favorite thing to do is focus on God. It is great time to pray. It is a great time to take my mind to a place that I can connect with God and listen for God to speak to me. It really is a chance to run with God. That is what happened this morning. As I ran around the track at the local high school this morning I could hear the birds singing. The weather was beautiful and I got to a place that I could hear his still small voice as I ran. God is walking with us or running with us everyday. We just have to focus on him. I did that this morning and was reminded of just how wonderful and amazing God is. I gained insight about things that are coming up in my life and about what God is calling me to. And I marveled in his awesome creation.

Take some time to "run" with God or walk. Recognize he is with you and at work in your life. You will be glad you did.

Love today.

In Christ's love and mine,
Doug

Comments

Popular Posts