Where do you go when you can't?

During November at Dockery we are looking at God's promises for all the "I cant's" of our lives. The "I cant's" are those times and places in life that we say to ourselves "I can't do this." They are the places that we see impossibilities rather than possibility. They are the places that cripple us and scare us. They are the places that seem hopeless and dead end. They are the places that on our own, under own power, we can not go, refuse to go, or don't want to go. So, we say, "I can't do it."

"I can't break this habit."
"I can't deal with this situation."
"I can't get through this."
"I can't forgive that person."
"I can't love that person."
"I can't change."
"I can't..."
"I can't..."
"I can't..."

The list can go on and on. We each have our own list. We can each can finish the sentence "I can't...". What is your I can't?

Now, here is the Good news--- GOD CAN.

"Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God." --Mark 10:27

"I can do everything through him who gives me strength." --Philippians 4:13

The question for us is, "Where do we go when we get to the I can't place?"

Do we trust God or do we trust in ourselves. Faith is often described a step. "A step of Faith." That step is a step away from trusting ourselves and step of trusting God.

Think about you I can't. God can. There is nothing that you and God together can't do. That is his promise. You are saying, "I can't." God is saying, "together we can." We are you going to trust?

Go with God.

If you are able to be with us over the next several weeks in worship I want to invite you to come and hear about God's promises for you. We may even talk about your particular I can't. If you want to share it I will work it in to the promises we look at.

Wherever you are at, whatever you are going through, whatever you have been through, whatever is before you, you can trust God to see you through. Go to God. Follow Him.

Love today.

In Christ love and mine,
Doug

Comments

Doug Franklin said…
I know that this is kind of a recap of last Sundays message, but I just felt like God was wanting me to share it through the blog.

Thanks for those that had to hear it twice. Maybe, there was something new in it or hearing it again will reinforce something. May all our I cant's turn to God cans.

Popular Posts