Morning Prayers

Last night as I slept God did not. God was working. God was creating and recreating. God was providing strength, courage, healing, grace, love, and comfort. I was sleeping and God was caring for me. I was able to let go for the few hours and totally surrender control. While sleeping I trusted God. I trusted that God would protect me. I trusted that God would keep me through the night. I trusted that God would get me through the night to a new day. I had to, I was sleeping.

There are times that I struggle to fall asleep as a wrestle with giving up control. I play the days events over in my head or worry about what is coming tomorrow and I stay awake trying to maintain my control. I sleep better when I can surrender to the sovereignty of God. Sleep is a time for us to practice our reliance on God every day. There are nights that we surrender willingly and there are nights that we fight to give up control.

When I wake my prayer is that I don't take control back again. My prayer, when I wake, is that I look for where God is at work and join God there. My prayer is that my trust grows throughout my day. My prayer is that in my awake time I will trust God to guide me and lead me through the day until I can rest on him again. This is a day that the Lord has made and joins me in.

Love today.

In Christ's love and mine,
Doug

Comments

Popular Posts