Outdoor Day

When I was in school I always liked it when our teacher would surprise us with an unexpected chance to go outside for class. It would be so nice outside that the teacher would say lets have class outside today. Usually this would happen on really nice day early in the spring after we have been cooped up inside for a long time. "Surprise we are going to go outside and set under the tree and have class."

Today is one of those days. Today is a day to get outside and take in what God is doing. God is making things new. When I look out the window I can see the sunshine that has been missing. When I step outside I feel the warmth that I have been longing for through the could of winter. It is a get outside and learn day. It is a get outside and be thankful for the day God has given us day. It is a set under the tree and enjoy the surprise day. It is Holy Week. Get outside and enjoy the day. Take some time to encounter God in His creation. See that He is at working making things new and shinning light into the darkness.

Even as I write this I am feeling the wind blow gently across my face. I feel the warmth of the sun and I can hear the birds singing praise to God for giving us this glorious day. (portable technology is awesome, I am so fortunate!) Take some time to notice what is going on around you and be surprised by what God is doing. Enjoy the day!

Love today.

In Christ's love and mine,
Doug

Comments

Popular Posts