Power chairs

My friend Paul's power chair has broken. It has stopped working and he is left to rely on others to get him out of his home to do his ministry. Imagine if your source of mobility was lost. We would need some good friends.

I think about the man in the bible that was paralyzed. He didn't have much but what he did have was some really good friends. Friends that where willing to do whatever it took to get their friend to Jesus. They each took a corner of the man's mat and they carried him to a house where Jesus was teaching. When they got to the house and the door was packed with people and the house so full they couldn't get in they climbed up on the roof, broke a whole in the roof and lowered there friend down to where Jesus was.

Whatever it takes. We all need friends who will do whatever it takes for us to see Jesus. And we all need to be friends who will do whatever it takes.

I am trying to figure out how I can help my friend who is on the other side of the planet. I am trying to figure out how I can be a friend and love in real and tangible ways. He needs a new chair. He lives in a country that has no power chair distributors. I live in a country that has them. I am sure that there are power chairs setting unused in garages and storage units, if you know if one let me know. Then we can tackle getting it to him.

I will keep you posted on what God can do through a few good friends.

Love today.

In Christ's love and mine,
Doug

Comments

Popular Posts