Update

Well, it has been a quick moving week. I cant believe how long it has been since I posted. I was blessed to spend the weekend away from phones, computers, and other technical distractions and just focus on my relationship with God as I served as a spiritual director for a Camino weekend.

I don't think I could ever, in words, describe what a Camino weekend is but it is a weekend of intentional focus on our relationship with God. It is amazing to spend intentional time with other men who are being intentional about living as followers of Jesus. This weekend there are over 100 women gathering to do the same thing. Yea God!

When I returned from this retreat time we shared in a wonderful worship at Dockery Chapel. I am so blessed to worship and serve along side and with the people of Dockery Chapel UMC. I love you all!

This week and last week I have spent a lot of time trying to help a friend make the transition from his own home to assisted living in a nursing home. I have really been blessed by the love and support that I have seen from the church for my friend in this time. It is moments like these, when someone is trying to deal with a life transition, that I see why God created the church. It is in moment like this that the church takes on the role of family and becomes much more of what Christ calls us to be. I have seen God's family in beautiful, real ways in the past few days and I just want to thank God for the church and the way even in our brokenness and in broken times God's love and grace can shine through us when we are intentional about following Jesus.

I also have heard a new song that is really speaking to me and I want to share it with you as well.

Love today.

In Christ's love and mine,
Doug

Comments

Popular Posts