More on Read and React

In yesterdays post I talked about how are natural reaction to whatever happens in life ought to be turning to God.  I was drawing on an understanding of a basketball offense called read and react.  The premise of the offense is to drill certain actions over and over so that they become a natural reaction when playing the game.

This also applies to my life and making turning to God my natural reaction.  I must continually practice turning to God.  I need to have a deep and rich prayer life.  I have to drill prayer until it is natural for me to talk to God.  It is just what I do.  I need to spend regular time in God word and apply it to my life so that it just becomes my natural response to life to view life, and myself, through the lens of God's word.  I need to practice a  life of worship so that worship is natural for me and worship is what I do in spirit and truth as I offer my life to God as an act of worship.

No matter what life brings or how we read the situation, our reaction will always be understood and predictable.  If we are continually working on building our relationship with God than our natural reaction will become turning to God no matter what life brings.  But we have to practice spiritual disciplines until they become natural to us and our relationship with God is the action of our lives and not just reaction to life.

Love today.

In Christ's love and mine,
Doug

Comments

Popular Posts