Read and React

I am coaching an 8th grade basketball team at the YMCA this year.  I was asked if I would help and even though I don't know a great deal about basketball, I said yes.  I enjoy helping the kids.  This has led me to try to learn more about basketball.  I talked with people that I know who know about basketball and I looked for resources that I could use.

I have now become interested in a style of offense called read and react.  The idea is that you are always reading what is happening and then reacting to it.  The premise is that you stop thinking and about what to do and your body just naturally reacts to a given situation.  If this happens then automatically without thinking you react in a certain way.  When all five players understand these reactions than all five players react together and work together harmoniously because they naturally react in the same ways.  I don't know if I explained it as well as it should be explained but it did get me to thinking about how we react to the things of life.

Turning to God ought to be our natural reaction.  He is our strength.  He is our hope.  He is our security.  He is our Savior.  If Jesus is the Lord of our lives and our shepherd than our natural reactions to anything that happens ought to be turning to God.  When live causes questions-- we should seek the answers from God.  When times are hard we should turn to God.  When times are good we should turn to God.  Prayer should not be the last thing we do, it should be the first thing as a natural reaction.  When we read what is going on around us we need to react by giving it to God.  This is the best offense for our lives.  Give our lives to God as a natural reaction.  This is how we make him our shepherd and allow him to lead us in our lives. We make offering it to him our natural reaction to what happens in life.

Love today.

In Christ's love and mine,
Doug

Comments

Popular Posts