The Best of 2009 - Year in Review

Help me out on this one. I want to spend a few days counting blessings. I would like to think about the highlights of 2009 as it pertains to God's activity in our lives.

They will make list like this for entertainment and politics and I think it is time we made one about our relationship with God. So, what are your highlights. Make a list. Count your blessings. Share your blessings.

Here are some highlights of my 2009 with God:

  • As a family we began 2009 by welcoming Jesus as the 1st person into our home in 2009. The family gathered at the front door of our home and we prayed together the first foot prayer.
  • I was blessed with a trip to the Holy Lands.
  • I was able to preach and serve communion at the garden tomb.
  • I sang "Up from the Grave he Arose" with brothers and sister from China and Nigeria. All of us singing in our native language.
  • I was able to worship each Sunday with the people of Dockery Chapel.
  • Followed God's leading to serve as Chaplain of the Grundy County Rural Fire District
  • Made many new friends.
  • Saw God as I help clean up after the tornadoes around Kirksville, MO with many friends from Dockery. Made new friends in Kirksville.
  • Participated in, and lead, "Fireproof" relationship enrichment class with 30 + other folks.
  • Nicole and I celebrated 13 years of marriage.
  • Tucker turned 11.
  • Tanner turned 10.
  • Delaney turned 6.
  • Darbey turned 1.
  • I was reappointed as the pastor of Dockery Chapel UMC.
  • Encountered God in the youth that came to Trenton for World Changers.
  • VBS! Almost 50 children. I got slimmed. Children learned about God and had fun.
  • Praise team.
  • Grew in my relationship with God and with my family on a 16 day camping trip.
  • Generosity of the people of our community.
  • I was blessed to officiate weddings.
  • I was blessed to baptize children and adults.
  • I celebrated the lives of several friends and relatives who entered the church triumphant in 2009.
These are just a few that I can think of and I am about half way through the year. I am sure that I have left out many. What is on your list. As you think about God's highlight reel for your past year what are the blessings? What are the ways that you have seen God? How has God been made real? I would love to hear about it.

I will have more tomorrow.

Love today.

In Christ's love and mine,
Doug

Comments

Popular Posts