Everything

I have a made a discovery in my life that is invaluable. I discovered this at a time that I felt I had lost everything. I lost my job and my home and in that moment I discovered what everything really is.

Everything is not all the stuff that we can get, consume, and acquire. Everything does not consist of material, consumable, goods. All that stuff is just stuff.

Relationships are everything. Our relationship with God is all that we need to save us. God is wholly adequate to save us. God's grace is sufficient for all of our needs. God will provide for us when we trust in his provision. God will never leave us even when all our stuff does. When we have our relationships with God and with others we have everything.

Family is everything. Immediate family. Extended family. Church family. Our friends are everything. Family and friends are the ones who are there with us when the stuff is gone. They are the ones that are there with us and cry with us. They are the ones that pray for us, encourage us, inspire us and help us to see that God is working for good in all situations.

When we have the love of God, the love of family, and the love of friends we have everything. When all the stuff is gone what we are left with is everything that matters.

Sadly, too often, we only discover this when we lose it all. I pray today that we all might discover this truth without having to go through the darkness of losing all the stuff that we thought we had to have. I pray for those who are feeling like they have lost everything that they will have relationship around them that will help them to see what everything really is. I pray for all of us in this season of preparing for Christ's coming that our hearts and lives might be filled with everything.

Love today, because love is everything.

In Christ's love and mine,
Doug

Comments

Popular Posts