Dear God

Light comes into darkness.
That is what the Christmas story says.
For unto us a Child is born a Savior is given.
This is what the Christmas story tells me.
You so loved the world that you gave your one and only Son that whoever believed would not perish but have eternal life. You love me so you gave/give to me yourself.
This is what the Christmas story tells me.
You love me so you shine light in my darkness. You love me so come to me to save me from sin. From myself. From my enemy. From death.

Shine your light in me today. Shine your light in the dark places that I need to see your light. Fill me with your love and grace. Help me to see you in this Advent season. Help me to understand that you have come to me and that you love me. And shine your light through me so that others might see and know you are here and that Christmas has come to them.
In the name of Jesus, by the power of the Holy Spirit, Amen.

Love today.

In Christ's love and mine,
Doug

Comments

Popular Posts