A Prayer for the Journey

God, I want to feel you with me today.
There are moments in life that you seem so distant from me or maybe it is that I am distant from you. Maybe it is that I don't look for you. Whatever it is Lord, today I want to feel you close to me. I need to feel you close to me.

I want to see you today. I want to see you beside me and around me. I want to settle for nothing less than to see you in my life today. I need to see you today.
Comfort me, calm me, lead me, guide me, shape me.
Help me.
Help me to know that you are near me and that you never leave me of forsake me.

Lord, you are always with me. You laugh when I laugh. Cry when I cry. You wipe my tears. You collect them and count them as precious. You are my friend. You are beside me every step of the way.

Today, I am yours. I am looking for you. I am listening for you. I am trusting in you. And even if today I have trouble seeing, or hearing, or feeling you-- I know you are here.
You are faithful. You hear me. You see me. You love me.

Today, I am going to trust in that and seek you in the midst of my life. Today, I am going to trust in you and your promises. I need you today and everyday. Give me eyes to see and ears to hear and the faith lean fully into you. I love you Lord. Today it is you and me. In Jesus name, so let it be.

Love today.

In Christ's love and mine,
Doug

Comments

Popular Posts