TGIF

Thank God for prayer.

When I say I am thankful for prayer I mean that I am thankful that I can talk to God. I am thankful that I can enter into God's presence with more than words and place my life before God. It is awesome to think that the creator of the universe, the all-knowing, all powerful, all loving God of the universe wants to be in communion with me. God cares about my life and the things that are going on. God wants me to talk to and listen to him. He wants me to be lost in his presence. I can go to God with my concerns, my joys, my hopes, my dreams, my insecurities, my vulnerabilities, and my difficulties. I am thankful that God listens and hears me when I have words to say in prayer and that God intercedes on my behave when I can't find the words to say.

I thank God that I can tap into him when I pray. Prayer taps us into God's power and God's love. It is being in God. And I am thankful that God hears my prayers and my cries. I am thankful that I can pray and lift my life and the lives of others and place them in the hands of God. I am thankful for the change that spending time in prayer makes in me.

What are you thankful for today?
Give God the thanks! Spend some time today with God lost in his presence. Talk, listen, be.

Love today.

In Christ's love and mine,
Doug

Comments

It's Nic said…
Wow, there is so much to be thankful for. However today I want to share what is strongest on my heart.

I am thankful for my wonderful family! I am thankful for a husband who does an awesome job balancing the many extreamly different aspects of his job and still is able to make time for our family.

I am thankful for our children who are happy and healthy. Although they have been known to give me a run for my money, they are the apples of my eye and I am so blessed to have them in my life.

I am thankful for my parents who have always been there for us and for my brothers and sis-in-laws who have also been there for us.

I thank God for these blessings and I pray that God wards off all evil in our lives and continues to protect and love us as He always has. And yes, I am thankful that I am able to pray to the one who created me!

Popular Posts