Inspiration

Come Holy Spirit,
fill the hearts of your faithful
and kindle within them the fire of your love.
Send fourth your Spirit and they shall be created
and you shall renew the face of the Earth. Amen

This prayer is called "The Prayer for the Gift of the Holy Spirit." I thought of this prayer as I thought about what I wanted to write today and sought inspiration for my daily blog.

Inspiration is a gift from God. I think about inspiration as having the Spirit put in me. To allow the Spirit to work in and though me to inspire love, compassion, grace, kindness, gentleness, self-control, and joy. I pray each day for that type of inspiration. Not just for writing something, or preaching but for living. Pray for the Spirit to fill you with the gift of the Holy Spirit so that your life might be an inspiration for others.

Love today,
Doug

Comments

Popular Posts