TGIF-- Prayer

Thank God it's Friday!!!

I am thankful that we can pray. I can talk with God and God listens. I remember a wise person named Charlotte Dennis telling me one day "we can pray!" The emphasis being on the can. Prayer is not a last ditch effort or what we do when we have done everything else. Prayer taps us into the power of the creator of the universe. Prayer connects us to God and turns our attention to God. God hears us when we pray. God cares about our lives and desires the best for us. And you and I can talk to God whenever and wherever we want. You and I can invite God to be a part of our lives and lean on God's power through prayer. I am thankful that I can talk with God about the things of my life and know that God hears me and that he cares and answers my prayers.

God does answer our prayers. Maybe not always the way that we wanted or thought was how they should be answered but, God always answers our prayers. A friend of min, Dave Goes, told me a long time ago that God answers prayers in three ways: yes, no, and wait. Wait is the hardest one for us. I have always found his words to be true. I am thankful that God answers my prayers. I am thankful for the times that God answers them in ways that are best for me rather that ways that I think are best.

What are you thankful for today?

What do you want to offer to God today? What do you want to talk with him about? Tell God. Trust God. He cares about you, will hear your prayers and will answer them.

Thanks God!

Love today.

In Christ's love and mine,
Doug

Comments

Popular Posts