The Morning Prayer

Each morning when I take my kids to school we have prayer together. When we reach a certain place on that familiar trip if we have not yet started our prayer one of the kids, usually Tanner, will say, "It's time to pray." Each day I might pray something a little different but there is always one thing that has to be prayed. Tanner insist that we ask God to "help them listen and follow directions and do what the teacher asks the very first time."

If that line is not prayed than Tanner is not ready for his day. He wants to hear it. He needs to ask it. It must be prayed. Everyday.

You know something? Tanner is on to something. Each day we need to just ask God to help us to listen and follow directions. We need to ask God to give us the strength and the courage to do what the teacher (Jesus) asks us to do the very first time.

"God help me listen today. Listen for your still small voice. Listen to others. Listen for the cries of those in need. God help me to follow you today and do what you ask of me to do today."

I need to pray this everyday.

Thanks Tanner.

Love today.

In Christ's love and mine,
Doug

Comments

Popular Posts