Thank God it's Good Friday!

What are you thankful for today?

For starters I am thankful for getting home safely from my brother-in-law and sister-in-laws wedding. It was very early this morning but God got us all home safe. I am thankful that I was able to be with them for this special moment in their lives and that I didn't stress to much about the fact that it was Holy Week and I have a million things I need to do for this Easter weekend.

It is Good Friday and today I can't help but think about the cross and be thankful for Jesus and what he did for me on that Friday so many years ago. I am thankful for the love of God for me, you and the whole world. A love that gives all. A love that is expressed in that while we are sinners he dies for us so that we don't have to. A love that says this is how much I love you and stretches out his arms to be nailed to a cross. I love that says I will take your place, I pay the price so you don't have to.

I thank God for forgiveness and that when he forgives we are forgiven and we can began again. Fresh start. New beginning. I am thankful for the cross. I pray to have eyes to see all the ways that this Friday and the events of that Friday so many years ago are truly "good."

What does the cross of Christ mean to you?

Give God thanks today.

Love today.

In Christ's love and mine,
Doug

Comments

Popular Posts