Quotes that have been stalking me

When I say stalking me, I mean that they just wont leave me alone. It is as if they keep following me around, continuing to jump out at me and make me think about there meaning. They wont leave me alone. I cant stop thinking about them. Maybe God is trying to say something. I am trying to listen. Here are a few that are stalking me right now.

"All men must die, but not every man really lives."
Sir William Wallace in the movie Braveheart

"If you ask the average person how Christians live, they are stuck silent. We have not shown the world another way of doing life. Christians pretty much live like everybody else they just sprinkle a little Jesus along the way. And doctrine is not very attractive, even if it is true. Few people are interested in a religion that has nothing to say to the world and offer them only life after death, when what people are really wondering is whether there is life before death... I am convinced that Jesus came not just to prepare us to die but to teach us how to live"
Shane Claiborne

"Beware of the almost good, for if the devil can't get you to do bad things, he will get you to settle for the almost good, just short of the good that God has for you."
Unknown

"We can admire and worship Jesus without doing what he did. We can applaud what he preached and stood for without caring about the same things. We can adore the cross without taking up ours." Shane Claiborne

"God comforts the disturbed and disturbs the comfortable"
Unknown

"Love is a harsh and dreadful thing to ask of us, but it is the only answer."
Dorothy Day

"Our Father..."

Can you hear God whispering?

Love today.

In Christ's love and mine,
Doug

Comments

Popular Posts