It is raining today.

I am sitting in my car waiting to pick up the kids from school. I got into the car line early and it gave me the opportunity to think and to post a blog.

Rain is used a lot in music and poetry to describe down times. Rain is often the image used to describe the times that are stormy in life. "When it rains it pours."

There is a song by the group Counting Crows called, "Rain King" that is really a story about someone who has a lot of bad things happen. Rain is often used to set a depressing or omminous mood. Rain really gets a bad rap.

However, we need rain. Without rain nothing would grow. Without rain things would just dry up and die. Rain is an important part of living.

I don't like having to admit that when I am talking about all those things that artist use the image of rain to discribe, but I think it is true. That rain helps us grow. That rain often brings a deeper meaning to life and love. This rain often connects us more to God and others. The "rain" of life can be nourishing and enriching.

Just like the rain that I see on my windshield as I wait for the kids will soon pass. So will the rains of life. And what will come as a result will be life. Look for God in the rain. Today and everyday. Live. Love. Grow.

Love today.

In Christ's love and mine,
Doug

Comments

Popular Posts