Christmas Eve

Outside it is snowing. It is the beautiful kind of snowfall. Big flakes softly falling on undisturbed snow covered ground. It is a beautiful sight. "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas." I have to admit that I am one who likes a white Christmas. I don't want it to snow so much that people can't get out and come to worship on Christmas Eve but, I like for it to be white. I don't want it to stick around too long but some snow on Christmas Eve makes for a beautiful backdrop to celebrate the birth of my Savior.

Today, as I get ready for our worship service to celebrate Christmas I am grateful that God comes to me. I am grateful that God is not far off or distant as I once thought before encounter Christ in my life. I am grateful that his light shines in my darkness and that I am warmed by his grace, love and presence. I am grateful for the beauty of Christmas.

It is Christmas Eve, as my friend Jeff always says, it is a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good. I hope that you can make worship part of your Christmas celebration. Attend the church of your choice and celebrate the beauty that is Christ in your life. If you don't have a church home and you are near by i invite you to celebrate with Dockery Chapel at 7:00 pm.

Love today.

In Christ's love and mine,
Doug

Comments

Popular Posts