Christmas Program

Last night I went to our Christmas program at church. I was blessed to sing in the choir. I was not responsible for leading the worship or reading scripture or preaching a sermon. I just sang and listened and tried to lose myself in the story of the first Christmas.

It was a beautiful program and I thank God for the opportunity to be in his presence and lose myself in the story. Change that-- find my self in the story. You see the Christmas story in it's purest since is our story. It is the story of how God loves you and me so much that he enters into our world to reconcile us to him. It is the story of a loving God putting on human flesh, bearing what we bear, feeling as we feel, being born as a baby and living as a human so that he could die the death that is necessary for our sin. Because he loves me. Because he loves you. Christmas is my story. I could not make a way to God so God came to me to make a way for me to get to him. The way he makes is a way in a manger. A Savior has been born, he is Christ the King. My Savior. Your Savior. It is our story.

This year I pray that we all lose ourselves in the story of Christmas so that we might find ourselves in the story of Christmas. The story of God's love for us and how far God will go to show us that he loves us and to love us for all eternity.

Love today.

In Christ's love and mine,
Doug

Comments

Popular Posts