Hello

I could not believe it when I saw that Christmas eve was the last time I had posted. But time flies when you are having fun!

We had an awesome Christmas Eve Service at Dockery Chapel. I spoke about how we hear the same story each year and the story never changes but we should. Everyone in the story of the first Christmas goes home a different way than they came. We are told that the wise men after being warned in a dream didn't go home like they came they went home a different way. We hear the same story every year and we encounter Christ in the sacrament of communion and we have the opportunity to go home a new way. We have the opportunity to be changed and made new each time we encounter and worship Jesus.

We had a great Christmas morning with the kids and than we got to spend time with friends in the afternoon. We worshiped again on Sunday and I shared about how we don't want to miss God. We don't want to let another Christmas go by and miss what God wants us to get out of Christmas. We need to make sure that we receive the gift that has been given to us in Jesus. Many people that first Christmas didn't understand or notice that God showed up in their world. I don't want to miss God.

After church we traveled to spend some time with family and celebrate with them. It has been a blessing celebrating through worship with the church family and with my blood families. I am thankful for Jesus and what he is for me in my life. It has been a good Christmas. And there is still more days to go in this Christmas season!

Love today.

In Christ's love and mine,
Doug

Comments

Carolann said…
I enjoyed this. Amen.

Popular Posts