TGIF

Thank God it's Friday.

It took some time but I finally got somewhere that I could make a post. I am away at Annual Conference in Springfield, MO. After 41/2 hours in the car, an afternoon of meetings, dinner, and time at the pool with the kids I finally got the computer up and online.

For those unfamiliar with the United Methodist Church, Annual Conference is our yearly meeting to get together and do the business of the bigger Church. It is four days of hearing reports, voting, learning, and fellowship with United Methodist who represent all of the church in Missouri.

So, this is where I am for the next couple of days. I look forward to the many opportunities to build relationships and hear about what Jesus is doing in the lives of others.

I am thankful to have this time to visit with old friends and to make new ones. I am thankful for all the people at Dockery who make it possible for me to be away. Hey, if you are from Dockery, make sure that you are there this week because Vic Walker will be sharing a message. I am thankful for Vic and his willingness to be used by God. Don't miss church because the pastor is away.

Thank you God for the safe travel today and for connecting me to others through your Holy Spirit.

Be thankful.

Love today.

In Christ's love and mine,
Doug

Comments

Popular Posts