God is there

Yesterday, I told you how I had this "mandatory meeting" and how God was working on me about my choice to get from it what I wanted. I chose yesterday to focus on seeing the good and looking for God. Honestly, I thought is was going to be harder. I thought I would have more trouble looking past the "meeting" and negative stuff than I did. It was really a great day. In fact, I told some people that I thought it could have been the best meeting of this type that I had been to in a long time.

Was the meeting that good or was my perspective changed because of the conscious decision to look for God. Although the leaders and presenters would probably like to think it was them or their content that was far superior I am pretty sure it is the latter. Looking for God changes the way that we see everything I think. Yesterday really was a God day because I was actively looking and noticing. And here is the thing.

God is there! God is there everyday. Everyday is a God day. If we can only keep our focus on him and not on the negative. There are stormy and cloudy days literally and metaphorically, but they are still God days if we will look. Today is going to be a God day. I will wait on the Lord.

Lamentations 3:21-26
"Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope:Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for him." The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him; it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the LORD."

Love today.

In Christ's love and mine,
Doug

Comments

Popular Posts