TGIF

Thank God it's Friday!

What are you thankful for today?

This morning I was walking with Nicole and we were talking about things that had to be done and things that were coming up in the church. We talked about our need for Sunday school teachers and leaders in the church and other upcoming things going on. As we walked I started to feel the worry and the pressure build up in me. I started to think negatively and hopelessly. Then I was reminded, there on my walk, while the breeze was blowing and the sun was shining, that God is in control. I am not the one in control. I might try to be. I might try to convince myself I am. Others may demand it of me. But, I am not in control. God is.

God is in control and if I will give the stuff to God and allow God to work in the situation and in me then I don't need to stress and to worry. God is in control. If I will let Jesus lead and I follow then I don't have to be anxious. God is in control and God will work things out in God's way and God's time. I just need to let him be in control. It always amazes me (it shouldn't but it always does) that God provides just what we need when we need it. God brings the people, the resources, everything when it is needed.

Thank you God for being in control. Thank you for allow us to bring to you stress, worry, and anxiety. Thank you for leading me. Sorry for the times that I try to be in control or try to wrestle control out of your hands. I am very grateful that I am not in control and that you are. Thanks for calling me to follow.

Love today.

In Christ's love and mine,
Doug

Comments

Popular Posts