Contact Lenses

Last week I got contact lenses for the first time. I have always held back from getting them because I just did not like the idea of sticking something into my eye. My eyes are sensitive and I figured I would not do well touching my eyeball. Too irritating, I would just wear glasses.

I can't believe how much I like wearing contacts over my glasses. I can see so much clearer. No dirty glasses. No frames to push up on my face. I wish I would have done this years ago. Oh, it is still a little irritating at first when you put them in and touch your eyeball but it is worth it. I can see like I have never been able to before.

A little irritation, some discomfort, and then I can see better than I could see before.

I think this is true about life and our relationship with God. Sometimes we go through tough times. Some times we go through things that are irritating or difficult but if we will lean on Jesus and trust in God when we get through it we will be able to see better. We will be able to see with the eyes of heaven. When we lean on Jesus we and persevere through the difficult moments are faith is sharpened and we grow in our understanding of just how good God is and sufficient He is for our needs. Our eyes get opened to see with our eyes of faith.

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." James 1:2-4

Love today.

In Christ's love and mine,
Doug

Comments

Popular Posts