WOW- Our God is an Awesome God

I have to tell you this story although, I am really at a loss for words when I try to talk about it. It has to do with God bringing Paul and I together to do ministry and the connection that God is making between Dockery Chapel Church and Overcoming Broken Hearts Ministries in Kenya, Africa.

I have been praying for two years for God to give me a clear understanding of the vision that He has for Dockery Chapel and how to articulate it in a clear and concise way. This prayer resulted in the vision statement of Dockery Chapel that is, "Living the Love of Jesus, Connecting the unconnected, Growing in Relationship with Christ." Some time back I shared with the people of Dockery through a message series what this vision means for us and how it describes who we are, what we are doing, and where we are going. We also have developed a strategy and six practices that are necessary for us to live the vision that Jesus has for us. I tell you this because I am trying to get to the amazing thing that God has done. Sorry it is taking me so long. Anyway, I created a document that encapsulated the mission, purpose, vision and strategy of Dockery Chapel that I had been praying about for over two years. When I was making this document I was not happy with the front page. I felt like it wasn't right . It was missing something. I decided that I needed to put a picture on the front. I needed a graphic and went searching graphics for the perfect picture. I was wanting something that when I saw it spoke to me about the love of Jesus in a real and tangible way. I was looking for a picture that visualized "Living the love of Jesus". I searched and searched and could not find anything, so eventually I just drew one.

I drew this picture for the front of our vision brochure that describes who we are at Dockery Chapel.

Paul shared with me a document that he had that explained the mission and vision of his ministry in Kenya. God had given him this vision and they started the ministry four years ago . Two year ago had a logo designed for Overcoming Broken Hearts International Ministry and that logo was on the top of the page of the document that he gave me. When he showed me the document the first time I noticed the logo and mention how I liked the logo. This was on Sunday after church. I read through the information that was on the paper and set it aside to look out in greater detail later. Yesterday morning I looked it over again. It is amazing how the vision of both of these churches seem to match up. Last night we had some friends over visiting with Paul and as we were talking I looked down at the table where the paperwork that Paul shared with me was and also the document about our vision that I shared with Paul. The images of both documents were side by side and I was just overwhelmed by a sense of God's awesomeness.
This is the logo for the ministry in Kenya.


Are these two ministries meant to partner with each other? If God would only give us a sign then we would know. All I know is that our vision brochure was not complete until I had the perfect image. I couldn't find the right one so I had to draw it myself. I needed a heart with a cross coming out of the middle of it.

What is it that Bill Engvall says? Oh, ya, "Here's your sign!"

Love today.

In Christ's love and mine,
Doug

Comments

Popular Posts